Mission // Vision:
Inspire activities of play, exercise and social connections to promote Health & Wellness. // Inspiring health through play.
• Support the creation of bike lanes (bicycle/running/walking) through the Portsmouth Front Street Mural District and shared lanes leading to area parks, key entertainment, historical sites, hospitals, shopping, and beyond.
• Promote access along the riverfront and Front Street mural district.
• Encourage support for businesses along the route by providing cyclists, runners, walkers safe and marked routes to businesses, schools and the University, parks, hospitals, and other key destinations.
• Transform Portsmouth into a bicycle-friendly, health conscious and forward-thinking community.
• Install bike racks through out the city.
• Host weekly activities such as bike rides and hiking. In 2021, Connex hosted it's first cycling event, "Wild Ride" at Shawnee Forest, offering 3 course of 16, 32, 55 miles.
Did you know?
Connex, Inc. was founded in 2006 under the name Shawnee Recreation Trail, Inc.
In the spring of 2013 the group was reformatted and reinitialized the vision to bring bike routes to the Portsmouth community. Connex raised over $100 thousand dollars to construct the first activity path located at Mound Park. Most recently the board has worked with Ohio Valley Region Development Center to create a transportation plan for Scioto County, which includes bike trails, shared and designated lanes.
Contact Info for ARC,CAR:
Address: P.O. Box 74, Portsmouth, OH 45662
Matching donation period will be available Oct. 21, 2021 from 8am - 8pm EDT.