On October 18, 2018, the Scioto Foundation will sponsor Scioto Gives a one-day on-line matching gift program benefitting local participating nonprofit organizations in Scioto County, Ohio. The benefits of this one day of giving are many.
1. Assists local NPOs with an annual endowment fund drive
2. Establishes a new partnership with local NPOs
3. Encourages other NPOs to establish endowment funds
4. Helps smaller grass-roots NPOs to accept on-line gifts
5. Teaches the community that on-line giving is easy, thereby creating expanded ways of giving to the Foundation
6. Encourages donor gifting because of matching dollars
How it works:
1. The Scioto Foundation will set aside tens of thousands of dollars to use as matching money
2. Contributions are received from 8 am to 8 pm on October 17, 2019
3. The matching amount will be determined after all donations are received
4. One to two weeks later; award amounts will be announced during a reception at the Scioto Foundation's office in Portsmouth, Ohio.
How can a nonprofit participate in the program?
1. All organizations must be 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organizations, and have an organizational endowment with the Scioto Foundation.
2. All organizations must actively promote and encourage their donor base to participate in Scioto Gives.
3. All organizations must attend a reception one to two weeks after the Scioto Gives one-day campaign to celebrate the success of Scioto Gives.
How are donations made?
- Select your charity from the nonprofit search page and the amount you wish to donate, list your credit card and press donate.
- Stop by our office, 303 Chillicothe Street, Portsmouth between 8 am to 8 pm on October 17, 2019 with a check for your chosen charity.